Tonight was a BIG night in the Hall house! Eli lost his first tooth!! After a few weeks of wiggling, it finally came loose. He was very excited, as you can imagine. Thankfully, Bryan and I convinced him that he did not need to brush the tooth, (only the ones still in your mouth need that kind of attention, son). I explained to him that I tried to brush my first tooth, and that sadly it fell down the drain. Considering how emotional Eli is, I did NOT want to experience such drama tonight!
Shorty after we had the conversation about whether or not he should brush, he asked if the Tooth Fairy needed to be telephoned so as to be made aware of his "loss". I have to admit, every time he starts asking detailed questions about the goings on of the Tooth Fairy, Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc. I begin to feel a little guilty about my white lies. Nonetheless, I quickly informed him that the Tooth Fairy knows about "lost" teeth, without a phone call. Thankfully, the conversation was laid to rest without further questions.
2 comments:
I know what you mean about feeling guilty...Kalyn asks MANY detailed questions about things like that too!
I have no idea what my parents were thinking, but I remember being given some spare change to put under my big brother's pillow early one morning after he'd lost a tooth...so the jig was up for me early on. But I still insisted on my cash prize per tooth regardless. :)
Post a Comment